Sunday, September 6, 2015

Is Art Sexy? Does Art Replace Heaven & Hell As A Metaphor For Immortality

What do you see when you look at Gill Miller's Art?
Why does an artist paint? What drives an artist to put paint down on a canvas? What is the driving force to create? These are not new questions, certainly. For me it is the desire to express myself through beauty, form, color and composition. Do I think my art is sexy? Yes, actually I do. I think sexuality and sexual-ness is expressed in many things, and art is foremost in that method of expression. Ultimately, the sheer joy of creating something that potentially is visually and physically around in the long term, or maybe even permanently in this world, is a strong motivation. Honestly, it is a sense of immortality. Which is pretty good for someone who tried for years, but could never really believe in Heaven & Hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment