Sunday, November 22, 2015

Creating A New Logo For Yourself Is Not Easy

Creating a serious new logo for yourself is a lot more difficult than creating one for a client, I recently discovered. You have a different perspective whereby you are constantly second-guessing your ideas about yourself and what you want your brand to look like. With a client, you are looking at them from the outside with a perspective that is more objective, rather than subjective as when you are looking at your own brand. When you look inward at yourself, you are bringing with it a lot of baggage. It's like when someone asks you to self-assess and you can't think of anything to say. I realized that I needed some outside perspectives on what I was trying to create for myself. Yes, maybe I should have hired someone to create a logo for me, however, the creative side of me couldn't resist the challenge. The final logo I think works well, and it reflects my style of art with the round and angular shapes and how they play off of each other. The larger challenge with my initials is the obvious reference to a well known automotive behemoth whose brand has been around for 100 years or more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment